Advertisement

Upgrading to CrashPlan 4.5.0.0036 deleted CrashPlan

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Upgrading to CrashPlan 4.5.0.0036 deleted CrashPlan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Charles
    Participant

Hi;

I noted today that CrashPlan required an update today to 4.5.0036 so i clicked on the Install Button under the Package Updates in my Synology 5.1-5022 Update 5 OS.  After I clicked on the Accept License button, the application stated that another package was being configured and to try again later.  I knew that there were no other packages being installed currently so I ssh’d into the server.  After logging in as admin, I noted that the contents of /var/packages/CrashPlan/ was empty.  The installer had deleted the entire contents of the CrashPlan application.  Attempting to reinstall CrashPlan always gives me the ‘Another Package is being configured..’ message, even after a reboot of the server.  I’m unable to delete the CrashPlan folder even though it is empty as shown by the du command for the /var/packages/CrashPlan folder.  Please advise on how to: 1) Manually install CrashPlan, or 2) Delete the CrashPlan folder so that I can attempt a re-installation.

Thank you,

an
    an
    Keymaster

Hi; I noted today that CrashPlan required an update today to 4.5.0036 so i clicked on the Install Button under the Package Updates in my Synology 5.1-5022 Update 5 OS. After I clicked on the Accept License button, the application stated that another package was being configured and to try again later. I knew that there were no other packages being installed currently so I ssh’d into the server. After logging in as admin, I noted that the contents of /var/packages/CrashPlan/ was empty. The installer had deleted the entire contents of the CrashPlan application. Attempting to reinstall CrashPlan always gives me the ‘Another Package is being configured..’ message, even after a reboot of the server. I’m unable to delete the CrashPlan folder even though it is empty as shown by the du command for the /var/packages/CrashPlan folder. Please advise on how to: 1) Manually install CrashPlan, or 2) Delete the CrashPlan folder so that I can attempt a re-installation. Thank you,

Hi,

Have you tried rebooting your Synology? That seems to be an issue with DSM.

Cheers

Advertisement

Charles
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.  I’ve tried rebooting, and power cycling the NAS.  Both attempts still leave a “Another Package is being configured..” message when I attempt to start/stop any application or attempt to install the CrashPlan application.

an
    an
    Keymaster

Yeah, that does sound like something wrong with DSM more than with CrashPlan itself.

There’s probably a process running that you could try to kill with ssh.

You  could try looking for running 3rd Party packages you’ve installed and cannot stop from DSM’s package manager:

1. Use “ps” to list all processes or “ps | grep -i XXXXX“, where XXXXX is a process name string you’re looking for, like “Crashplan”
    2. Take note of the PID of that process (1st column, number)
    3.  Use “kill -0 YYYYYY” where YYYYYY is the PID you’ve taken note.
    4. remove or rename the package folder from /volume1/@appstore/ (volume1 may be different)
    5. Reboot using “sudo restart” or “sudo shutdown -halt now
Advertisement
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1CharlesHome › Forums › CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS › Upgrading to CrashPlan 4.5.0.0036 deleted CrashPlan This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 11 months ago by  an.Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total) Author Posts December 15, 2015 at 23:47 #351 CharlesParticipant Hi; I noted today that...Unofficial Help & Support Forum for CrashPlan, Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage Solutions - Find Help, Support and a Knowledge base

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close