Advertisement

Really Slow Uploads from DS1813+ to CrashPlanPro

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Really Slow Uploads from DS1813+ to CrashPlanPro

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by an an 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ben
    Participant

Like most I have major upgrade anxiety on my NAS due to fear of breaking crashplan, but recently the auto update broke it anyway – this after working for nearly two years straight!

So I figured it was time to fix it and bit the bullet and upgraded all the way from DSM 5.2 to 6.1 – latest as of last night. Obviously crashplan was not working, so I followed the advice in the post here and got it back up and running.

[Uninstalled Java and CrashPlanPro, switched Java to the syno package, made the necessary edits, and it started up after like 10 min]

Now it has been running all night and I am realizing that it is uploading really really slow [~1.2Mbps in the crashplan consol] and in the resource monitor its even lower at ~150 KB/s, and I know that its not my internet connection since I recently switched from FIOS 150/150 and have seen FTP uploads as fast at 19MBps. So what gives?

[Edit: For reference I am running the DS1813+, 8 x 4tb WD Red Drives, 4Gb Ram]

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Ben.
    an
    an
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yeah, the auto-upgrade process is a bummer but the method many of us are using to block it works fairly well, giving you a lot more time to prepare the upgrade process. You can read about it here:

How to prevent CrashPlan’s auto-upgrade process

As for your performance issues, have you went through these recommendations, in particular the dedup settings?

CrashPlan Post Install Tips and Optimisation

Cheers

Advertisement
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1BenHome › Forums › CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS › Really Slow Uploads from DS1813+ to CrashPlanPro This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  an 1 month ago.Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)Author PostsMay 23, 2017 at 12:12 #1139 BenParticipant Like most I have...Unofficial Help & Support Forum for CrashPlan, Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage Solutions - Find Help, Support and a Knowledge base

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close