Advertisement

Really Slow Uploads from DS1813+ to CrashPlanPro

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Really Slow Uploads from DS1813+ to CrashPlanPro

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by an an.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ben
    Participant

Like most I have major upgrade anxiety on my NAS due to fear of breaking crashplan, but recently the auto update broke it anyway – this after working for nearly two years straight!

So I figured it was time to fix it and bit the bullet and upgraded all the way from DSM 5.2 to 6.1 – latest as of last night. Obviously crashplan was not working, so I followed the advice in the post here and got it back up and running.

[Uninstalled Java and CrashPlanPro, switched Java to the syno package, made the necessary edits, and it started up after like 10 min]

Now it has been running all night and I am realizing that it is uploading really really slow [~1.2Mbps in the crashplan consol] and in the resource monitor its even lower at ~150 KB/s, and I know that its not my internet connection since I recently switched from FIOS 150/150 and have seen FTP uploads as fast at 19MBps. So what gives?

[Edit: For reference I am running the DS1813+, 8 x 4tb WD Red Drives, 4Gb Ram]

• This topic was modified 12 months ago by  Ben.
    an
    an
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yeah, the auto-upgrade process is a bummer but the method many of us are using to block it works fairly well, giving you a lot more time to prepare the upgrade process. You can read about it here:

How to prevent CrashPlan Home / PRO / SMB auto-upgrade process

As for your performance issues, have you went through these recommendations, in particular the dedup settings?

CrashPlan Post Install Tips and Optimisation

Cheers

Advertisement
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement