Advertisement

Non-Intel CPUs apparently are no longer supported

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Non-Intel CPUs apparently are no longer supported

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    an
    an
    Keymaster

Apparently the last 4.8.0 update broke support for non-Intel CPUs, for good, according to patters:

Regretfully yes, Intel only now – Code42’s action not mine.

Yes, unfortunately CrashPlan no longer works on non-Intel CPUs due to a requirement for a proprietary native library with version 4.8.0. Since I don’t have source code for that, I can’t compile it for the non-Intel CPUs 🙁
    Old packages still available here:
    http://packages.pcloadletter.co.uk/downloads/old

Unfortunately no way to block. At some point (if not already) Code42 will migrate your backup archive on their servers forcing you to version 4.8.0.

I’ve been using Intel NAS’s ever since I first tried CrashPlan on a 256Mb QNap (a looong time ago) and that’s proved to be a good decision.

Daniel
    Participant

Wow! Nasty move on part of CrashPlan.

I’m glad I spent the few extra bucks on the “+” version of Synology with Intel CPU.

Advertisement

joe doe
    Participant

gotcha, thanks! thankfully my subscription is running out in April next year, I guess it is time to move on and use amazon along with another backup client. Loved crashplan while it lasted! Will reinstall the old version, block the update process and then just wait until I have time to research a good alternative. thanks again!

jehud
    Participant

Wow this really sucks. I wondered why crash plan stopped and wouldn’t start and started digging into what was going on. Perhaps I should look at another back up solution.

an
    an
    Keymaster

Perhaps I should look at another back up solution.

That’s the eternal question, but there aren’t many comparable products out there, at least for large data sets…

Advertisement
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1anHome › Forums › CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS › Non-Intel CPUs apparently are no longer supported This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  an.Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total) Author Posts October 5, 2016 at 14:44 #800 anKeymaster Apparently the last...Unofficial Help & Support Forum for CrashPlan, Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage Solutions - Find Help, Support and a Knowledge base

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close