- July 12, 2016 at 04:30 #637
A reboot won’t fix it. Last log entry shows extracting upgrade file.
I 07/11/16 02:57PM Downloading a new version of CrashPlan.
I 07/11/16 02:58PM Download of upgrade complete – version 1435813200470.
I 07/11/16 02:58PM CrashPlan has downloaded an update and will restart momentarily to apply the update.
I 07/11/16 02:58PM Installing upgrade – version 1435813200470
I 07/11/16 02:58PM Upgrade installed – version 1435813200470
I 07/11/16 02:58PM CrashPlan stopped, version 4.7.0, GUID 733240000133984562
I 07/12/16 12:20AM Synology extracting upgrade from /var/packages/CrashPlan/target/upgrade/1435813200470_344.jarJuly 12, 2016 at 17:36 #647
Yeah, it’s the same for me, except for that last line which is not on my log (I would guess yet). I haven’t tried to fiddle with this yet, or if anyone else has found a solution, but hopefully there is one.
One thing I read from another user at patters blog (where they also didn’t find a solution yet), was that this new upgrade comes without a syno_package.vars file, which is an additional hassle to handle the java memory heap size change when necessary.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.AdvertisementJuly 13, 2016 at 11:29 #677
Ok, I managed to get working again. Based on a reply from Wayne at patters’ site, here’s what I’ve done:
- Remove the CrashPlan package using DSM
- Connect to the headless server by SSH and remove “/var/lib/crashplan”
sudo rm -R /var/lib/crashplan
– keep SSH connection open
- Reinstall the CrashPlan package using DSM
- In my case I had to Stop and Start the package again
- Use the SSH connection to make the necessary .ui_token arrangements
- Open CrashPlan on your desktop, and login. In my case I had to adopt the previous backup
- With CrashPlan open, set your java heap size by entering “java mx XXX, restart” on the internal command line.
I didn’t have to move any jar files, this was wall that was necessary!
Here’s the post I created for this, I’ll edit it as needed:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.