Advertisement

Help on where to start

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Help on where to start

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Donovan
    Participant

Hi there,

First, thanks for putting this forum together.

I got my first NAS last week, a DS916+. It’s running the latest version of DSM. I’m interested in getting CrashPlan running on it, and will happily pay the subscription fee once I know it’s running, but I’m having a lot of trouble following the various links to fixes, some of which seem out of date, so I was wondering if there’s an up to date walk through I could follow.

Where I’m at so far:

I managed to get Patters’ version of CrashPlan running on the Synology, but I’m not sure if I have the right “Java” running. I downloaded the small footprint headless version from Oracle and stuck it in my Public folder (ejdk-8u91-linux-i586.tar.gz) so that seems to have installed correctly, however I can’t find a “Java Manager” as shown in some of the video tutorials.

Should I be installing Java SE Embedded 8 from the Community, or Synology’s Java8? The small footprint headless file doesn’t seem to work when trying to upgrade Synology’s Java8.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Donovan

an
    an
    Keymaster

Hi,

You probably already have something installed, if the CrashPlan package is actually *running* and not just installed (and stopped).

Either patters’ or Synology Java packages should work fine (I have used the former and now am using the latter). As for upgrading Synology’s Java you need to uninstall it first and then install the new one with the tar.gz file on the public folder (you don’t need to unistall CrashPlan, just stop the package and restart it after Java is upgraded).

Hope this helps

Cheers

Advertisement
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Help on where to start’ is closed to new replies.
https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1DonovanHome › Forums › CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS › Help on where to start This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 3 months ago by  an.Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total) Author Posts June 11, 2016 at 16:59 #589 DonovanParticipant Hi there, First, thanks for putting...Unofficial Help & Support Forum for CrashPlan, Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage Solutions - Find Help, Support and a Knowledge base

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close