Advertisement

Crashplan thats not running on a NAS

Home Forums Crashplan on Other NAS systems Crashplan thats not running on a NAS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bill
    Participant

I wanted to post a question to find out if there was a way to create a script called by an Icon on a windows desktop that would manually run a Crashplan backup immediately.   The scheduling inside of Crashplan is not helpful as I cannot predict they need to run.   I would like to create an icon that can be clicked to run the backup right then so my wife doesn’t need to leave her laptop on all the time to make sure its backed up.   Similar to the ability to run a robocopy script to backup to an existing server that i have her do.  I just want to make sure her backups are offsite as soon as possible.  But they are not running when she it working on the machine.   (the idle settings don’t help)

In any event,  I could not find a good place to post this as all the forums seem to be for NAS or other cloud backups.

PS.  my robocopy script would also shutdown the machine when finished.  🙂

Thanks, Bill

an
    an
    Keymaster

You can use the command line or Powershell to start and stop the CrashPlan service. As long as you don’t have any scheduling or conditional conflicts: From The Command Prompt Enter the following commands into the command prompt or PowerShell: Stop net stop CrashPlanService Start net start CrashPlanService   from: https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/4/Troubleshooting/Stopping_And_Starting_The_CrashPlan_Service   If you use it an couple of batch files you’ll have a simple file to run.

You can use the command line or Powershell to start and stop the CrashPlan service. As long as you don’t have any scheduling or conditional conflicts:

From The Command Prompt

Enter the following commands into the command prompt or PowerShell:

Stopnet stop CrashPlanService
    Startnet start CrashPlanService

from: https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/4/Troubleshooting/Stopping_And_Starting_The_CrashPlan_Service

If you use it an couple of batch files you’ll have a simple file to run.

Advertisement

Bill
    Participant

I am really looking for a script that starts the actual backup.   Not really looking to stop and start the service.    I just want a particular job to start prior to her closing her laptop and getting on the road.   Similar to something that automates opening the GUI, finding a particular backup and clicking on that miniature right arrow icon.

an
    an
    Keymaster

I am really looking for a script that starts the actual backup. Not really looking to stop and start the service. I just want a particular job to start prior to her closing her laptop and getting on the road. Similar to something that automates opening the GUI, finding a particular backup and clicking on that miniature right arrow icon.

I’m not seeing some way that you can do that, sorry.

Advertisement
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1BillHome › Forums › Crashplan on Other NAS systems › Crashplan thats not running on a NAS This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by  an.Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total) Author Posts April 9, 2016 at 18:31 #419 BillParticipant I wanted to...Unofficial Help & Support Forum for CrashPlan, Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage Solutions - Find Help, Support and a Knowledge base

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close