Advertisement

Crashplan Pro not running on Synology 6.0.1 this morning?

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Crashplan Pro not running on Synology 6.0.1 this morning?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gonzo
    Participant

So I came into work this morning to find Crashplan pro isn’t running on my Synology box this morning?  The view log option in the package just says stopping CrashplanPRO.  No errors or anything.  I try to start it and goes directly back to stopped.  Anyone have any ideas?

Gonzo
    Participant

Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling.  It started up fine.  Now the bigger question, why would it have stopped and then fail to start?

Advertisement
    an
    an
    Keymaster

Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling. It started up fine. Now the bigger question, why would it have stopped and then fail to start?

That’s one tough question to answer. From my own experience, there are usually 3 culprits:

• Your dataset is increasing and requiring more RAM allocation (the “java heap size”) – or the previous value was reset somehow;
    • The auto-upgrade process of the package fails because they change something and then patters takes a while to fix the package accordingly
    • Just because. I have had situations that it appeared to be something wrong with the installation, tried a bunch of different things to fix those, and in the end it started working like nothing happened a few days later. Other users have also experienced similar events.

Cheers

Gonzo
    Participant

Do I need to restart the Crashplan service after increasing the Java Heap Size?

an
    an
    Keymaster

Do I need to restart the Crashplan service after increasing the Java Heap Size?

Yes. After that check if the current java heap is as intended, here’s more information for your reference:

Fixes for CrashPlan randomly restarting or not backing up

Advertisement
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1GonzoHome › Forums › CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS › Crashplan Pro not running on Synology 6.0.1 this morning? This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 5 months ago by  an.Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total) Author Posts June 8, 2016 at 11:56 #577 GonzoParticipant So...Unofficial Help & Support Forum for CrashPlan, Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage Solutions - Find Help, Support and a Knowledge base

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close