Advertisement

Crashplan 4.7.0 scanning but not backing up (DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 1)

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Crashplan 4.7.0 scanning but not backing up (DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 1)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant

Hi folks,

I have Synology 412+ with 2GB of RAM and Crashplan 4.7.0 installed via Patters’ package 4.7.0-0041 running on DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 1.

The package appears to be running fine and it scans the files every day, but it doesn’t back anything up to Crashplan servers anymore!

I’ve attached a screenshot of the logs, I don’t know how to copy/paste the text. You can see that I’ve tried starting and stopping the CrashPlan package, I’ve tried to manually force it to backup from the GUI and it just says “Backup to CrashPlan Central will take priority until complete”, but it doesn’t do anything anymore.

DSM was updated on the 3rd of September, so I don’t think that’s causing the problem since it worked after the update.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Daniel
    Participant

Increased Java heap size from 1GB to 1.5GB (never had any problems) and did the compacting yesterday.

Still not working. I think all compacting did was remove the version history, so I won’t be able to restore previous versions of my files in case I need to. 🙁

Next step is to delete the cache tonight, and then I’m out of options.

I’m using the official java7 package. Should I try java8? I’ve heard there are problems with it, which is why I stuck with version 7.

Advertisement
    an
    an
    Keymaster

Much of what you’ve done is actually what could be done. Weird thing about the versions though – it should remove extra versions other than those that you don’t have in your settings, but not remove the others. If you’re sure about this, you could reach out to Code42’s support, it’s something they will want to know if it’s not working as it should.

But back to your problem, I’ve been in your situation and it was only sorted out after aa few runs of compacting essentially. At least I did nothing different than that and in the end it started running again.

Fixes for CrashPlan randomly restarting or not backing up

Daniel
    Participant

Ok, after CrashPlan throwing a spanner in the works by pushing an upgrade that broke everything, I’m back on track. Still no backup, back to compacting.

No errors in the service log, scanning works, but crashplan will not back up anything. I hope this time compacting will complete before they release another upgrade 🙂

Daniel
    Participant

Well, I found out the cause why my Crashplan was just endlessly scanning and never backing anything up, and it had nothing to do with DSM or Crashplan updates. I even opened a support ticket with Crashplan and did they help? No, for sure not, how could they possibly know what is wrong 🙂

My license has expired! I only found that out after reinstalling, scanning, compacting and god knows what else. You’d think they could add a line to the log file that says “your license has expired”, but noooooo. Let’s just write “Scanning for files to back up” and “Backup to CrashPlan Central will take priority until complete”.

All those upgrades that break and they still can’t managed to provide one piece of essential information.

Maybe my post will help someone else at some point, for who knows how long it will take them to add this additional line to the log files 🙂

Willie
    Participant

Well, I found out the cause why my Crashplan was just endlessly scanning and never backing anything up, and it had nothing to do with DSM or Crashplan updates. I even opened a support ticket with Crashplan and did they help? No, for sure not, how could they possibly know what is wrong  My license has expired! I only found that out after reinstalling, scanning, compacting and god knows what else. You’d think they could add a line to the log file that says “your license has expired”, but noooooo. Let’s just write “Scanning for files to back up” and “Backup to CrashPlan Central will take priority until complete”. All those upgrades that break and they still can’t managed to provide one piece of essential information. Maybe my post will help someone else at some point, for who knows how long it will take them to add this additional line to the log files  

I registered for an account on these forums just to respond to this fix! This is exactly what my problem was.

Pretty dumb if you ask me. Crashplan needs to change this somehow.

an
    an
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing – that’s unbelievable. It should just prompt some warning some how.

Advertisement
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1DanielHome › Forums › CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS › Crashplan 4.7.0 scanning but not backing up (DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 1) Tagged: crashplan, ds412+, issue, not backing up, stuck, synology This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by  an.Viewing 7 posts - 1...Unofficial Help & Support Forum for CrashPlan, Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage Solutions - Find Help, Support and a Knowledge base

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close