Advertisement

Client disconnects after 1 minute, and nothing seems to get backed up

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Client disconnects after 1 minute, and nothing seems to get backed up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hans-Göran
    Participant

After the latest upgrade, I had to remove and re-install the latest version of Crashplan for Synology (4.4.1-0035). After going through the instructions again, I had to change the ID on the client-side and re-enable the 1024 MB heap-size on the server end. Now everything seems to run, but I have the following two problems that prevents anything from actually getting work done:

1. Starting up the client on my Mac, I can see that some activity is ongoing (although nothing seems to be transferred to Crashplan servers). After about 1 minute the client disconnects. I can reconnect again if I like, but again after about 1 minute the client would disconnect/disappear.
    2. I have several backup sets: All of them were properly backed up to 100% before the upgrade, but now it appears that they are not. One of the sets is backed up to 99%, but it stays that way. It never reaches 100%. And the others are at less than 100%. Looking in the web-interface of the DiskStation, I can see that nothing seems to be transferred. The log-files don’t give me any clues either.

I would appreciate any tips to get things working properly again.

Thanks!

Hans-Göran
    Participant

Maybe this is not normal?

tail backup_files.log.0

I 11/09/15 10:50PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:52PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:53PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:54PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:55PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:56PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:58PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:59PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 11:00PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 11:01PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

Advertisement
    an
    an
    Keymaster

After the latest upgrade, I had to remove and re-install the latest version of Crashplan for Synology (4.4.1-0035). After going through the instructions again, I had to change the ID on the client-side and re-enable the 1024 MB heap-size on the server end. Now everything seems to run, but I have the following two problems that prevents anything from actually getting work done:

1. Starting up the client on my Mac, I can see that some activity is ongoing (although nothing seems to be transferred to Crashplan servers). After about 1 minute the client disconnects. I can reconnect again if I like, but again after about 1 minute the client would disconnect/disappear.
    2. I have several backup sets: All of them were properly backed up to 100% before the upgrade, but now it appears that they are not. One of the sets is backed up to 99%, but it stays that way. It never reaches 100%. And the others are at less than 100%. Looking in the web-interface of the DiskStation, I can see that nothing seems to be transferred. The log-files don’t give me any clues either.

I would appreciate any tips to get things working properly again. Thanks!

Hi! I had the exact same behavior and in the end I did get to fix that issue. Have you read this Knowledgebase Article:

Fixes for CrashPlan randomly restarting or not backing up

Essentially, compacting (and maybe erase the local cache and compacting afterwards) should help.

Have a look and see if it helps.

Hans-Göran
    Participant

Thanks!

Actually all I had to do to get it to work was to increase the heap-size to 1500M. Now everything is backed up again!

Jeroen
    Participant

Hej Hans-Göran could you please help me out how to increase the heap zisze to 1500 on my headless installation ? I could do it for the client but it’s on synology where it goes wrong..

an
    an
    Keymaster

Hi @Jeroen,

Have a look at this KB article hosted here in the site to see how to do that:

Fixes for CrashPlan randomly restarting or not backing up

Cheers!

Advertisement
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Client disconnects after 1 minute, and nothing seems to get backed up’ is closed to new replies.
https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1Hans-GöranHome › Forums › CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS › Client disconnects after 1 minute, and nothing seems to get backed up This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago by  an.Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total) Author Posts November 9,...Unofficial Help & Support Forum for CrashPlan, Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage Solutions - Find Help, Support and a Knowledge base

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close