Advertisement
CrashPlan Community Forum – Support & Assistance

Client disconnects after 1 minute, and nothing seems to get backed up

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Client disconnects after 1 minute, and nothing seems to get backed up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hans-Göran
    Participant

After the latest upgrade, I had to remove and re-install the latest version of Crashplan for Synology (4.4.1-0035). After going through the instructions again, I had to change the ID on the client-side and re-enable the 1024 MB heap-size on the server end. Now everything seems to run, but I have the following two problems that prevents anything from actually getting work done:

1. Starting up the client on my Mac, I can see that some activity is ongoing (although nothing seems to be transferred to Crashplan servers). After about 1 minute the client disconnects. I can reconnect again if I like, but again after about 1 minute the client would disconnect/disappear.
    2. I have several backup sets: All of them were properly backed up to 100% before the upgrade, but now it appears that they are not. One of the sets is backed up to 99%, but it stays that way. It never reaches 100%. And the others are at less than 100%. Looking in the web-interface of the DiskStation, I can see that nothing seems to be transferred. The log-files don’t give me any clues either.

I would appreciate any tips to get things working properly again.

Thanks!

Hans-Göran
    Participant

Maybe this is not normal?

tail backup_files.log.0

I 11/09/15 10:50PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:52PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:53PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:54PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:55PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:56PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:58PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 10:59PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 11:00PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

I 11/09/15 11:01PM 42 [Foton] Starting backup to CrashPlan Central: 244 files (54.30MB) to back up

Advertisement
    an
    an
    Keymaster

After the latest upgrade, I had to remove and re-install the latest version of Crashplan for Synology (4.4.1-0035). After going through the instructions again, I had to change the ID on the client-side and re-enable the 1024 MB heap-size on the server end. Now everything seems to run, but I have the following two problems that prevents anything from actually getting work done:

1. Starting up the client on my Mac, I can see that some activity is ongoing (although nothing seems to be transferred to Crashplan servers). After about 1 minute the client disconnects. I can reconnect again if I like, but again after about 1 minute the client would disconnect/disappear.
    2. I have several backup sets: All of them were properly backed up to 100% before the upgrade, but now it appears that they are not. One of the sets is backed up to 99%, but it stays that way. It never reaches 100%. And the others are at less than 100%. Looking in the web-interface of the DiskStation, I can see that nothing seems to be transferred. The log-files don’t give me any clues either.

I would appreciate any tips to get things working properly again. Thanks!

Hi! I had the exact same behavior and in the end I did get to fix that issue. Have you read this Knowledgebase Article:

Fixes for CrashPlan randomly restarting or not backing up

Essentially, compacting (and maybe erase the local cache and compacting afterwards) should help.

Have a look and see if it helps.

Hans-Göran
    Participant

Thanks!

Actually all I had to do to get it to work was to increase the heap-size to 1500M. Now everything is backed up again!

Jeroen
    Participant

Hej Hans-Göran could you please help me out how to increase the heap zisze to 1500 on my headless installation ? I could do it for the client but it’s on synology where it goes wrong..

an
    an
    Keymaster

Hi @Jeroen,

Have a look at this KB article hosted here in the site to see how to do that:

http://crashplan.setepontos.com/fixes-for-crashplan-randomly-restarting-or-not-backing-up/

Cheers!

Advertisement
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Client disconnects after 1 minute, and nothing seems to get backed up’ is closed to new replies.

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement