Advertisement

Can't see content of syno_package.vars

Home Forums CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS Can't see content of syno_package.vars

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tonyds
    Participant

After finally updating to DSM 6.1 after some struggles I got CrashPlan 4.8.2 running.

I cannot edit syno_package.vars file though to modify heap size. I can open it but I don’t see any content, only: “MANIFEST_PATH_SET=True” there is nothing else in the file.

I’m a newbie so there must be something simple that I missed after the update to 6.1. It took me a while to figure out that to use “nano” command I have to install the package first 🙂

any ideas why im seeing a blank file?

Tonyds
    Participant

This is what I’m getting after entering the command: sudo vi /var/packages/CrashPlan/target/syno_package.vars

MANIFEST_PATH_SET=True

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

Like I said before, I have Crashplan 4.8.2 running it just quits due to lack of memory. Previous to this, I had Crashplan running without a hitch for over a year on DSM 5 and I was able to edit this Java heap size file without any issues.

Is there some kind of system or file permission thing that I need to change? If possible, please post the command… Thanks!

Any ideas?

Advertisement
    an
    an
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just type in the java heap yourself. After entering the vim editor, press ‘i’ and type in:

USR_MAX_HEAP=1500M

and press Enter/return to create a new line. Press Escape and type in ‘:w!’ to save the file.

If you have nano installed, you may use it instead of vim, as it’s much easier (don’t forget the ‘sudo’ part first).

Don’t forget to set the value to what you think is appropriate to your system.

Fixes for CrashPlan randomly restarting or not backing up

Tonyds
    Participant

Perfect, thanks! It worked 🙂

I knew it will be something simple 🙂

Just as a side note, as I don’t want to create new post but this might help someone, after getting a 4.8.2 update, server listens on a different port than 4243 that is mentioned all over the “guides”. With each install, there was a different port, first it was 4251, then 4247, 4249… But typing this new port into the .ui_info worked. I’ve never notice the port change in the previous versions.

Once again thank you for your help!

Advertisement
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1TonydsHome › Forums › CrashPlan on Synology DiskStation NAS › Can't see content of syno_package.vars This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Tonyds.Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total) Author Posts April 29, 2017 at 12:58 #964 TonydsParticipant After finally updating to DSM...Unofficial Help & Support Forum for CrashPlan, Cloud Backup and Cloud Storage Solutions - Find Help, Support and a Knowledge base

Here's what other Users are reading:

Affiliate Links
Advertisement

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close