Here we go with one more unofficial CrashPlan Support post… This one related to the 4.70 1435813200470_344 auto upgrade from last 11 July 2016.
In my case this is what I did to make CrashPlan (non Pro) run again:
- Remove the CrashPlan package using DSM
- Connect to the headless server by SSH and remove “/var/lib/crashplan”
sudo rm -R /var/lib/crashplan
– keep SSH connection open
- Reinstall the CrashPlan package using DSM
- In my case I had to Stop and Start the package again
- Use the SSH connection to make the necessary .ui_token arrangements
- Open CrashPlan on your desktop, and login. In my case I had to adopt the previous backup
- With CrashPlan open, immediately set your java heap size if needed by entering “java mx XXX, restart” on the internal command line.
I didn’t have to move any jar files, this was wall that was necessary. Also, it will now take some long hours to re-adopt the backup, but it’s in my case it’s fine. Hope this helps!
Check the original forum thread if you need more info: