CrashPlan 4.7.0 Installation Fix for Synology (1435813200470_344 July 2016)
Here we go with one more unofficial CrashPlan Support post… This one related to the 4.70 1435813200470_344 auto upgrade from last 11 July 2016.
In my case this is what I did to make CrashPlan (non Pro) run again:
- Remove the CrashPlan package using DSM
- Connect to the headless server by SSH and remove “/var/lib/crashplan”
sudo rm -R /var/lib/crashplan
– keep SSH connection open
- Reinstall the CrashPlan package using DSM
- In my case I had to Stop and Start the package again
- Use the SSH connection to make the necessary .ui_token arrangements
- Open CrashPlan on your desktop, and login. In my case I had to adopt the previous backup
- With CrashPlan open, immediately set your java heap size if needed by entering “java mx XXX, restart” on the internal command line.
I didn’t have to move any jar files, this was wall that was necessary. Also, it will now take some long hours to re-adopt the backup, but it’s in my case it’s fine. Hope this helps!
Check the original forum thread if you need more info:
https://crashplanbackup.com/crashplan-4-7-0-installation-fix-for-synology-1435813200470_344-july-2016/https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?fit=512%2C512&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/crashplanbackup.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crashplan-fix.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1CrashPlan on Synology DScrashplan,fix,repair,support,synology,upgradeHere we go with one more unofficial CrashPlan Support post... This one related to the 4.70 1435813200470_344 auto upgrade from last 11 July 2016. In my case this is what I did to make CrashPlan (non Pro) run again: Remove the CrashPlan package using DSM Connect to the headless server by...anan [email protected]AdministratorCrashPlan Community Forum - Support & Assistance